Nothing is worse than a sunburn in the summertime! And when you get an especially bad sunburn it hurts to even have someone touch it to apply Aloe Vera on it. That was the inspiration for this After Sun Spray.
Aloe Vera - multiple studies have found that aloe vera speeds up how fast burns heal
- Polyphenols - these are the key compounds that give green tea its benefits and are very anti-oxidative
- Anthraquinones - pain relieving and antimicrobial
- Enzyme bradykinase reduces inflammation
- hormones alexins and gibberellins are important for healing burn wounds and are also anti-inflammatory
- minerals calcium, chromium, copper, selenium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium and zinc
Black Tea - Recommended by holistic plastic surgeon Dr. Anthony Youn, MD
- Tannic Acid and theobromine soothes pain and draw out the heat
- Catechins help repair the skin
Witch Hazel - not only has amazing benefits for the skin but also helps keep the essential oils suspended in our solution and not just floating at the top
- Locks in moisture
- flavonoids, procyanidins and resins are anti-inflammatory and calming
- tannis are anti-oxidative
- Lavender and Roman Chomomile to soothe the skin, support healing and reduce inflammation
- peppermint - provide a cooling effect on the skin and help reduce pain
- Frankincense and copaiba- to help support skin healing and calming the pain
15 grams - Black Tea
12 grams - Aloe Vera Juice
12 grams - Aloe Vera Jelly
12 grams - Witch Hazel
8 grams - vegtable glycerine
0.6 grams Geogard ECT
Peppermint - 12 drops
Lavender - 10 drops
Copaiba - 5 drops
Roman Chamomile - 3 drops
Frankincense - 3 drops
1.) Make Black Tea - with 4 bags of black tea - boil water and let black tea bags steep for at least 1 hour. Remove tea bags and let tea cool completely. set aside
2.) In a small 1/4 dram vial - mix the essential oils and allow them to mix together - set aside.
3.) In a small clean beaker, add all ingredients and stir until completely combined.
4.) Pour into a dark glass spray bottle and place spray top on immediately. Label with your favorite label.
Shake spray before use. Spray liberally on effected area, making sure to leave the spay on for at least 8 hours. Can be repeated every 10 minutes until redness, pain and itch reduce.