Lets's talk about who this is really for...
Whether you're a therapist that:
- wants to be able to offer new, unique, luxury treatments that you're clients/patients will be excited to book over and over again
- knows that heat and cold can be a powerful tool to offer to your clients/patients but you want to be able to ensure that you are making recommendations that are not only safe but effective
- is looking for a way to decrease the stress and physical demand on your body, while increasing your profit potential
You're in the right place and I'm going to tell you exactly how Stone Therapy Massage will give you the tools, inspiration and unparalleled support on your journey to mastering Hot Stone Massage in your practice.
By the end of this Course,
you will have:
- an understanding of what Hot Stone Massage is, how it works and how the body reacts.
- confidence to use Heat and Cold safely, when not to use thermotherapy and how to modify your treatment for even the most sensitive clients.
- the knowledge of how incorporate the techniques you already use with the stones to create treatment plans that utilize the expertise you already have.
- new techniques to offer to your clients/patients including sports massage, spa services, energy treatments, target treatments, treatment upgrades and add-ons.
- the know how to make recommendations for homecare to your clients/patients.
- the marketing strategies to attract new clients/patients and offer new services to your existing clients/patients.
"I can't say enough good about you and this course, it was phenomenal. You were clear and informative and demonstrations were thorough and easy to follow. Even the people I was practicing on over the weekend were so interested in all the info and talked about how great you were. Your passion for caring for others and teaching shines bright.
"(This Course) Doesn't need improvement - I only have positive feedback! The instructor demonstrations were so valuable."
Often referred to as a Hot Stone Massage, Stone Therapy Massage is a deeply relaxing and therapeutic treatment that is not just for Spas. Learn this Modality in this 2 day, in-person, hands on class which will teach you how to add both heated and chilled stones into your massage practice. Taught from the mind-set that the stones are a tool to be used as an extension of the therapist’s own hands, which when combined with both thermotherapy and cryotherapy, can create a truly unique healing experience. This course not only covers the basics, such as the effects of heat, cold and weight on the body, contraindications, and benefits, but also encourages students to combine what they already know and love about being a massage therapist into their Hot Stone treatment. Students will leave this course feeling confident and prepared to not only be able to offer their clients a full-body relaxation treatment, but also how to offer a treatment aimed at therapeutic goals or how to combine the stones along side other modalities/therapies.
Topics covered in this course:
-Overview and History of Stone Therapy
-Benefits and Indications
-Contraindications and Precautions
-Stone Types and their Uses
-Improving the Quality of your Treatment for an above average experience
-Practice and Business Standards
-Adding Stones to other modalities and services
-Adding Aromatherapy to your treatment
-General Full Body Treatment Demonstration and Practice
-Therapeutic Treatments with Hot Stones Demonstration and Practice
Continuing Education Credits
Massage Therapist Association Of Alberta (MTAA) - 17 Primary Credits
Canadian Massage and Manual Osteopathic Therapists Association (CMMOTA) - Approved for 14.5 Primary Credits
Certified Registered Massage Therapist Association (CRMTA) - 14 Primary Credits
Natural Health Practitioners of Canada Association (NHPC) - 10 Credits & recognized for liability insurance (CAP Program)
Add-on to your Course:
HOT STONE HEATING BAG, LARGE
This Hot Stone Heating Bag revolutionizes how massage stones are heated. Lightweight, portable, no water required! Simply place the stones in the bag, cover with the lid of the bag and stones will be heated in approximately 50-60 minutes. Your bag can also be used to heat jade stones and bamboo massage sticks.
- Canvas bag LARGE 24” x 10” x 4”
- Clear plastic removable/washable insert liner
- Digital Temperature Control Box – temperature range from 85-160 degrees Fahrenheit
- CSA approved
- 1 canvas bag
- 120 volt cord with digital control box
- 1 clear plastic insert bag (additional bags can be ordered upon request)
*note - stones are sold separately
18 QT DIGITAL STONE MASSAGE HEATER
Designed specially to heat massage stones, this digital heating 18 quart professional stone warmer is perfect for use during full body treatments. We recommend this larger heater for use with our Complete Massage Set of 50 or 60 Basalt Stones or our Signature Jade Stone Sets. Its attractive stainless steel exterior makes it a visually pleasing addition to your therapy room. The digital temperature control heats quickly to your desired water temperature. It features a Teflon-coated removable water reservoir with an easy-to-clean finish. 120 Volts - 1400 watts
*Always remember to check the temperature before handling or using the stones.
BASALT COMPLETE MASSAGE SET - 50 BASALT STONES
This 50 piece basalt stone set is our recommended set for a full body massage. Stone sizes are approximate size in height. This set contains the following stones:
- One Stomach - 4"
- Six Large - 3.75"
- Eight Medium - 3.25"
- Two Medium Palm Rest - 3.25"
- Eight Small Bed Heater/Back Layout - 2.75"
- Six Small - 2.75"
- Eight Cozy Finger/Toe - 1"
- Six Extra Small Facial - 1.5"
- Four White Cold Therapy - 2"
- DVD - Full Body, digital download
JADE DELUXE SIGNATURE STONE SET - 24 STONES + JADE DVD
- Two Large Flat - 4.5" x 6"
- Two Small Flat - 3.5" x 4.5"
- Four Medium Convex - 2.5" x 3.5"
- Two Small Convex - 2" x 3"
- Two Cylinders - 5" x 1.25 " diameter
- Two Crescent Moons - 5" long
- Two Balls - 2" diameter
- Eight Finger/Toe/Facial - 1" x 2"
- Jade DVD, digital download
Stone Therapy Massage
(A $799 Value)
- 18 Core Modules covering everything from the basics to mastery.
- Application practicals are assessed with feedback to ensure core competencies are achieved.
- A comprehensive workbook, with step-by-step treatment guides is included for your learning and future reference
- a complete recommendations toolkit for you to take your treatments to the next level with homecare for your clients/patients
- a schedule fill-up formula to make sure both new and existing clients/patients are coming to you asking for your premium treatments
This is a two day, live, fully immersive event. While the class is led by an expert in the field, the class environment is created where students learn through different learning mediums, including theory, hands on and an interactive space for sharing and understanding. No "one way or the hi-way" method is taught - but rather different stones, systems, and modalities are discussed for both their advantages and disadvantages. The instructor gives feedback on how to adjust your techniques for a Hot Stone Massage that is protective of your own body mechanics - so that you learn what is comfortable for you and not just what everybody else does. This class is designed so that you feel confident that you will leave the classroom an expert in Hot Stone Massage.